Thursday, November 8, 2012

Three spools of thread later...


I finished sewing the last two inches of Simplicity 2560 last night.

I used a decorative stitch to do the topstitching. I like how it turned out, but, boy, did it eat up the thread!! I believe this may actually be the first time I have used one of the fancy stitches on my machine.

I've used this fabric quite a few times and really like it. It's Sophia double knit from fabric.com. I did not see it on their site the last time I ordered from them, but I did see it at Vogue in Chicago a couple of months ago. It's what I make the skirts from that I wear all the time. 

The pattern was right out of the envelope and although I originally intended to make it with sleeves I didn't have enough fabric. I'm wearing it over Kwiksew 3658.

The fancy stitching

The back. The gathering extends to the side.


2 comments:

  1. This is one of the patterns in my stack to try this year! Your version came out really cute, especially with the fun topstitching!

    ReplyDelete