Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Shopping Spree and a Sewing Marathon

What trip to Chicago would be complete without visiting Vogue Fabrics? None!! Then, imagine my delight when my husband decided to spend a day in Grand Rapids on the way home and the hotel was five miles from Fields! Needless to say, I have plenty to keep me busy for a while. But first, I had to finish up a few  planned projects in a two day sewing marathon before I could allow myself to play with anything new!! I'll post on those later.

Vogue Fabrics

Really, who doesn't love Vogue? Bolt after bolt of the good, the bad and the ugly! Their good fabric (in the Silk Room) is beautiful but spendy. And their bargain fabric (in the other room) is iffy but cheap. I got a little from both rooms.

 Field's Fabrics

This is only the second time I've been here and I have to say I really like this place. Not as big as Vogue, but I think I had a easier time finding fabric I liked and could afford here. They also have a lot of fleece and quilting fabric if you're into that.
I took a big pile of pattern envelopes of mostly TNT patterns and tried to make educated decisions about what to but and how much. We'll so how that works out!!!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm... I see several pieces I'd gladly adopt. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! The colors are lovely. What a beautiful spot for pictures...
    To get more design in weaveron textile click on this link....:https://www.weaveron.com

    ReplyDelete