Friday, June 13, 2014

A big fabric haul

I needed new fabric for a project I'm about to start. I've been pretty strict about my fabric diet lately, but I needed a type of material I don't really use much: quilting cotton. So I headed to Speed Bump JoAnn's. I hope that it's not just me who thinks that having speed bumps in front of a JoAnns is funny! I usually shop at Pepper Spray JoAnn's because its closer (actually within walking distance) but Speed Bumps is bigger.

I really don't know how quilters can stand all the selection. I knew if it took more than 5 minutes to make a selection it would end up taking more than an hour. Kind of like cooking calamari! I spent at least an hour awash is a sea of indecision and second guessing!

This is what I got. I think it's cohesive enough, with just the right amount of outliers. I won't have the whole weekend to work on it, but do hope to get started.  


6 comments:

  1. If this is for your challenge I am very eager to see the finished project.
    And to be fair, the speed bump was there when Circuit City had the building. Although my husband says that with JoAnn's there now, it much harder to get to Home Depot without running into an LOL or the husband who is waiting for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its mostly for the challenge. I'm going to have my work cut out for me to actually get this one done in time though.

      Delete
  2. Love you selection of coordinating fabrics ~ certainly they are going to be fun to work with ... J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I just followed the link to your blog from Rhonda's Wednesday Showcase and ended up reading all your posts going back to the beginning. You have a lovely sense of style and a real knack for combining fabrics. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fabric selection! Can hardly wait to see the quilt. I'm thinking 'vogue living'. :)

    ReplyDelete