Sunday, April 2, 2017

I'm not too happy about this one

It's plastical,
  Ecclesiatical,
 and really brown, like crappical.



I think the color, length and front bands contribute to the ecclesiastical feel of this jacket. I did learn something making this. I experimented scorching a design into the fabric. I've done this before with a slinky fabric but never with a double knit and I was just curious to see whether it would work. Here are some detail photos of it:

the scorch mark
the trivet I used

The fabric was from the Great fabric sale and arts and scraps.  I probably won't wear this and for sure I will not wear it over black sweatpants and a black T-shirt. But I might make the pattern again in a sweater knit, a little shorter though and maybe with the dress that goes with it.

Even failure is a learning experience.

The Pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment