Sunday, June 5, 2016

I Sewed Something!!


Its too tight!

Its just right.

This is my granddaughter Ruby. She just turned two. As you can see, she is quite a character. Her mom asked me if I could make her a sunbonnet for her birthday. I said yes, but then I wondered where I'd get a pattern for one. Are those Daisy Kingdom patterns still around?

Well, I had recently bought a stack of these magazines at an estate sale for a whole quarter:

And I found this in one:
 
If you can make it out, the first line of the article says " Sunbonnets are in again!!" Really? 1977?
I was in high school and I don't remember anyone wearing one. But it was a public school!

So anyway, its not much, but I did sew something. I'm still depressed and I still have a headache everyday, But there is something super exciting happening in the Room for Sewing soon!

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie & I love the name Ruby! The hat looks great on her.

    ReplyDelete