I made this (incredibly hard to photograph!) skirt for my Designer III Group challenge. The challenge was to create our own textile. I can't say I exactly created a new textile, but I did transform it. More importantly though, I did do some things I have never done before.
I used my TNT skirt pattern and TNT fabric. I used regular old crochet cotton in the bobbin and stitched the foliage from the inside, then free motioned a stretch lace applique for the irises, and added a few black seed beads.
Although I've had that darn darning foot for years this is the first time I've actually used it.
|Another black skirt in my arsenal of black skirts!|