Friday, May 11, 2012

Sewing machines should have odometers.

I'm guessing my serger has about 200,000 miles on it.  We've been together since '93 and I have not always seen eye to eye, but now we get along like an old married couple. I don't see us ever parting, but if something happened to him (like if I caught him finishing someone else's seams) it sure would be nice to get a new one.

I'm still trying to get through The Smoking Jacket project which had been stalled by a big work project and a trip to the shop for the serger. It seems the screw that holds the upper blade arm in place came loose inside the cover. I usually try to figure out/fix stuff like this myself but this requred a professional. So the serger went to the spa and got fixed, oiled and cleaned. The repairman commented that it was pretty clean inside-I do try!

No comments:

Post a Comment