I challenged myself to randomly pick out one of my older pieces of fabric and do something with it. Using my homemade iPhone app, I chose this black and white stripe. The fabric is really very thin and when I washed it, it crinkled up like crepe, especially near the selvages. That's probably why it languished in my stash so long. I had a lot of it too. I decided to use this pattern: Vogue 8876. Since the pattern had these nice seam details, I figured I could pipe it to add some body to it. I added cord to this bias leftover from this skirt. Then I threw in the rose floral piece. I think it had a been a table scarf in a previous life.
|the tuck in the princess panel|