Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Here goes...


I made this nice, lined, super itchy wool jacket just in time for it 80 degree weather! Of course it was still mid March so it wasn't really due to tardiness on my part. I may get some use from it this spring or else it'll have to wait until fall. I used a pinky brown wool that was gifted to me and Kwiksew 3738. The pattern did not have the actual bust measurement on the tissue so I went by the envelope size and cut out a L. Well, it was a bit large, so I took in the sides to more like a M. The darts were already in so I left them where they were. I suppose that why it fits a little funny. That's my excuse anyway. I also did my usual slope shoulder adjustment, shortened both the jacket and the sleeves. I did not, however, do a FBA. It seem like Kwiksew patterns are all a bit more generous in the bust. I might make it again, I might not, who knows?

"Sombody" should have told me to smooth out the back when they took this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment