Monday, March 20, 2017

Arts and Scraps Skirts

Dear readers, as I mentioned in my last post I have been doing some sewing the last few months but not blogging. In my next few posts, I will be catching up on all the undocumented projects as I transition over to my new blog home.

I made these two skirts last fall. I used my T&T knit skirt pattern (Butterick 5539). One is my usual length, and the other is maxi length. The fabric for both of these came from the Great Fabric Sale at Arts and Scraps. They are both brown and white knit double knit polyester the other shoppers passed over but I have a strange affinity for.

I have yet to wear the shorter one as it's still a bit cold around these parts. Maybe soon though, since today is the first day of spring and also my husband's birthday btw.


this fabric has a waffle-like texture
I wore the maxi one for the first time to church Sunday.



I wore it with a teal top, my excellent teal shoes(thrifted for $6.80), a brown and white patterned sweater(also thrifted), and a string of my hand-knotted pearls. I also wore my beautiful, thrifted of course, brown cashmere coat with a mink collar.



See you soon over at Lets Go Get Sewn!

No comments:

Post a Comment